As a Technical Game Artist in Kabam’s Montreal studio you are the glue between our Artists and Programmers. An Artist at heart, your technical abilities working across tools and tech is what sets you apart.
You will contribute by:
- Working closely with artists, designers, engineers and the rest of the team to create and improve art production workflows, tools, pipelines, and asset optimization/integration
- Developing pipelines and tools for the team
- Contributing to rendering and shading techniques and processes
- Researching and prototyping cutting-edge tools and rendering techniques
- Finding creative solutions to realize artistic visions within the technical limits
Your teammates at Kabam Montreal are without a doubt the best in the games industry and we expect you to learn a lot. But we also hope to learn a lot from you so we expect you to bring your passion for working in a team but also your leadership in owning what you do and work hard on making us better.
Your background includes:
- 2+ years development experience in Unity
- Solid game industry experience, specifically in a technical artist role
- Comfortable with troubleshooting artist technical problems
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder and creating tools in these programs
- Knowledge of art optimization techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Unity Scripting (C#)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Kabam Montreal is building a dynasty. We have carved out a unique culture based on clear mandates that naturally hold our team members responsible and accountable. We work hard to stay lean & efficient. We try to keep bureaucracy low and processes at a minimum to allow for rapid innovation and flourishing productivity.
Looking forward to working with you.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20