Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the Technical Art Director, the Technical Artist will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, defining artistic solutions and procedures that meet the requirements of the project’s design and technical bibles.
- Collaborate closely with artists, game designers, and programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions.
- Experiment heavily with game engine to determine best technical approaches.
- Help establish best practices for creating art assets, VFX, shaders, etc.
- Track art assets and optimize in-game budgets.
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow.
- Provide daily support to art and technical team.
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation to be used by art production teams.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in the video game industry.
- High-level of artistic sensibilities, strong technical skills, and problem-solving expertise.
- Strong knowledge of typical 2D/3D software (Maya, Max, Blender, Houdini, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Significant knowledge of game engines, and overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- Shader knowledge is an asset.
- Scripting skills (Blueprints, MaxScript, Python, C#, …) are an asset.
- Autonomous work organization.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Excellent communication skills, results-oriented, and flexible.
Apply for this job
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date posted: 2022-01-20