Jam City, a mobile games developer, is seeking a Technical Artist to work closely with team leads and Art Manager and Director. The ideal candidate should have expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production "pipeline". The responsibilities include being a bridge between Artists and Programmers, developing and maintaining art production workflow/pipeline, and mentoring Artists in chosen methods, optimizations, and tools for and during production. The company offers a range of benefits, including unlimited vacation, paid sick days, and holidays, 100% employee covered medical, dental, vision plan base plan, life insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, and more. The pay range for this position is $71,500 — $125,000 salary per year. Jam City is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Recharge Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Be a bridge between Artists and Programmers.
- Work closely with team leads and Art Manager and Director.
- Work with Producers, advising on technical cost/impact of changes and requests.
- Research, define, and advise on methods and tools prior to and during production.
- Develop and maintain art production workflow/pipeline.
- Monitoring work to be efficient as possible with space/speed.
- Learn game engine capabilities and limitations, enthusiastic to ‘find a way’ to meet challenging artistic visions.
- Integrate assets in the game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of platform.
- Mentor Artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools for and during production.
- Actively advise or inform the teams/leads/Producers/AM of foreseeable issues or problematic techniques.
- Troubleshoot/debug/firefight technical issues.
- Write scripts/tools to aide artists create more efficiently.
- Assist in producing 3D elements and shaders.
- Cover multiple projects when needed.
- Research/oversee/implementation of map types, material shaders and particle systems if applicable.
- Set up of project directory structures and naming conventions.
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production "pipeline".
- Proficiency in Maya, Unity, and Photoshop.
- Strong sense of technical and artistic aspects.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $71,500 — $125,000 salary per year.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-11