HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a Technical Artist to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Technical Artist, you will be responsible for ensuring our product’s art and animation are enhanced by the use of processes, systems, and software!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Art and Tech Leads to set standards and ensure work is not compromised by the limitation of technical processes.
- Collaborate across departments to develop software tools and scripts which improve the development of the visual targets.
- Prepares and implements technical aspects of art within the creative and technical specifications of the software product.
- Create and implement artwork on assigned portions of software products and write low-level software code and scripts as required.
- Train and mentor less experienced Technical Artists on standard methodologies as well company tools, techniques, and pipelines.
- Research industry developments and explore new tools and techniques to improve efficiency of content production
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically 2 to 4+ years of industry experience in Technical Art.
- Technical Art experience shipping one game title, preferably AAA.
- Experience with Modeling, Skinning, and Scripting.
- Proficient with Maya, Substance, and Sculpting.
- A reliable great teammate with the ability to work independently.
- An effective communicator in both verbally and written forms.
- A detail-oriented person with flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Graphics Programming, Pose Space Deformers, Marvelous Designer, and Rigging is a plus.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada