Technical Artist, World Building
Recruiter: Lauren Mahaffey
Unity’s World Building Team creates the tools that thousands of creators all around the world use to bring their visions to life. We work with innovative graphics technologies, user research, and Unity’s global network of partners to empower our users and create new online worlds. We strive to build inclusive and joyful authoring tools that enable teams of any size to deliver astounding experiences to users everywhere.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you’ll be helping us define and improve workflows for environment artists worldwide. Your insights, creativity, and advocacy on behalf of artists will help empower hundreds of thousands of creators to build new products in games, AR, and interactive media. You’ll be a key voice in the creation of powerful new tools that support everything from large open-world games with procedural content to small, hand-crafted experiences.
If you are a technical artist with a passion for the creation of new worlds and visual excellence, this is an opportunity to help define the next generation of interactive 3d environments. Alongside the world building team at Unity you’ll be enabling tens of thousands of creators all around the globe.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and fellow artists to improve the world building experience in Unity
- Prototype and help develop environment creation tools
- Advocate for efficient, sophisticated world building workflows
- Build exemplary content samples demonstrating Unity features and workflow improvements
What we’re looking for
- Professional expertise with one or more scripting languages (C#, Python, MaxScript, etc.)
- Professional experience building or managing 3d game worlds
- Proficient with at least one DCC content creation tool (Maya, Blender, 3DSMax, Houdini, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
You might also have
- Shader authoring experience, either with HLSL/GLSL or node-based shader environment
- Familiarity with procedural modeling techniques (Houdini or similar tools)
- Shipped Unity titles are not necessary, but are a plus
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20