Skydance Animation is seeking a Junior Technical Artist Support to help assigned departments solve basic technical issues. The ideal candidate should have 0-2 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries, strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation, knowledge of some 3D animation area, and experience in any 3D animation software. The candidate should also have soft skills such as collaborating in the creative development of ideas, establishing effective working relationships with coworkers, showing flexibility to changes in schedule, and completing tasks with the appropriate degree of autonomy. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
The Junior Technical Artist Support is responsible for helping its assigned departments to solve basic technical issues.
- Fix the issues in the assigned scenes.
- Help artists to solve simple bugs.
- Review Pending Tickets.
- Assist artists when issues arise in the day-to-day processes of the department – eg. Creating work scenes, publishing work, preparing renders for dailies, etc.
- Test libraries such as Houdini's HDAs and prototypes.
- Updating basic documentation. Review and update the technical documentation related to the workflows and tools of the department that they support.
- Attend technical meetings to as requested, to keep trained and updated in the new studio/department tools, pipelines, workflows, etc.
- Keeps up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment.
- Assists other team members, when necessary.
- Follows the department supervisor and leads’ instruction.
- 0-2 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- Strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation is a must.
- Knowledge of some 3D animation area (Modeling, Surfacing, Animation, Lighting).
- Experience in any 3D animation Software (Maya, Max, or Houdini).
- Medium English level desirable.
- Spanish desirable.
- Collaborates in the creative development of ideas.
- Transmits ideas orally or in writing, individually or in groups, making sure the most meaningful message is understood.
- Establishes effective working relationships with coworkers inside and outside the team.
- Shows flexibility to changes in schedule and adapts to specific situations or people.
- Completes tasks agilely with the quality level required and appropriate degree of autonomy.
- Shows technical proficiency and proper training required to effectively carry out the assignments.
- The volume, ratio and quality of the work is in line with show requirements.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-04-29