Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games is a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, and to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games. In this role, you’ll be helping us create a unique, cartoony ARPG.
Technical Animators impact our team by driving the implementation of gameplay animation systems as well as the creation of tools to help the characters in our game look their best.
As a Technical Animator at Timbre, you:
- Ensure art content and features are easily integrated and aligned with our artistic vision; while also considering technical constraints and gameplay
- Identify problems, and guide the team toward better workflows through automation and tools
- Conduct communications between artists and programmers to optimize workflow
- Have a methodical approach to work with a focus on scalability/repeatability of systems
- Support animators and rigging team with technical knowledge
Your Track Record Might Include:
- Proven experience with animation implementation in games or film (using Unreal)
- Knowledge of animation retargeting and sharing
- Creation of additive animations, split-body animations
- Creation of custom blueprints, state machines
- Knowledge of procedural animation, root motion, control rigs and motion warping
- Recognizing pinch points in the pipeline and find ways to improve workflow
- Excellent problem-solving skills that balance creativity with technical requirements
- Experience developing a player character creator is a plus
More About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
We Welcome ALL to Apply.
At Timbre Games, we believe that Culture drives Creative and we celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create! If you are excited about what we’re building at Timbre Games, we want to hear from you, even if you don’t think you check all the boxes!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed