The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role:
- Job Title: TCG Key Account Manager
- Job Summary: The International Sales Key Account Manager TCG will work with the Senior Manager TCG Sales to meet and exceed revenue objectives through set retail development targets in Italy, the Nordics, Greece, Israel and the Balkans.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for generating sales through existing and new accounts/markets while working in close partnership with the Senior Sales Manager and internal teams to increase visibility in retails channels in order to secure consumer engagement with the Pokémon brand.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do:
- Develop close commercial relationships with key partners assigned by the Senior Sales Manager and VP.
- Identify opportunities to influence the space available in store for Pokémon TCG category by using epos data, and all other market insights.
- Suggest point of sales opportunities to meet the needs of the market and execute with the support of our retail marketing, planning and operations teams.
- Constant market analysis i.e. sales performance, competitor activities, store checks, TV, online, digital exposure to evaluate brand / market performance.
- Work with the licensing team to implement cross-category space at retail where required.
- Work with the OP team to ensure expansion of Play! Pokémon network.
- Establish yearly business development plans for accounts in line with targets set by VP, Senior Manager and Sales Team.
- Preparing and executing pitches, - providing strategic market overviews, retail developments and plans both internally and externally.
- Forecasting and planning of product availability and distribution by market as well as at retail level.
- Make recommendations internally for stock production on all new releases and possible reprints.
- Monitor stock availability and recommend initiatives both internally and externally to address any issues and to ensure maximum availability.
- Work closely with distributors and retailers to provide the most recent information of Pokémon TCG Products campaigns and promotions.
- Collaborate with operations team to ensure any issues arising related to the accounts are dealt efficiently.
- Work with distributors and retailers to maximise Pokemon TCG space, awareness and sales opportunities in retail spaces.
- Work with planning team to ensure market and retailer requirements are met in regards to availability, activations and promotions.
- Assess product performance using all available insights, provide feedback to product planning and product development teams.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years international sales / business development experience, preferably in the VG / toy / games / publishing or FMCG sectors.
- Excellent command of the English language and fluent/mother tongue in one of the following languages: Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish.
- Additional languages desirable but not essential (Greek, Hebrew, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian, Bulgarian).
- Highly self-motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Strong account management, communication and relationship building skills.
- Proven track record of negotiating, influencing and closing deals with high profile partners.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Europe and other territories.
- Strong diary and time management skills with the ability multitask across multiple time zones.
How you’ll be successful:
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect:
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £58,000.00 - £86,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom