Tax Mobility Specialist (6-12 months)
As an experienced Employment Tax Specialist, you will utilize your technical knowledge of global tax legislation to ensure that our global employment tax strategy is defined and implemented, and that appropriate levels of control are in place across the organization. This role will work closely with Payroll, Mobility, and across the People Operations and Finance divisions to develop a framework to continually improve decision models and policies that focus on facilitating a growing company that spans several tax jurisdictions.
Areas of Impact:
- Responsible for the setting up and running of Short Term Business Visitor compliance for all countries where Improbable have an entity.
- Creation of a policy/framework to guide/advise on employment tax, social security, and other benefits structures for cross-border projects or assignments.
- Treatment of trailing liabilities (e.g., departure cash bonus and equity).
- Counsel on tax considerations related to short-term assignments and frequent business travel.
- Advise on optimal, appropriate assignment/transfer structure (e.g., social tax set-up, timing of transfer, tax residency status, and impact of intercompany recharges).
- Work with colleagues across the People Operations Division to manage any appropriate system changes within our HRIS and other People/Finance Tools.
- Ensure that Improbable complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on required actions.
- Support for the year-end external audit of the payroll functions.
- Work closely with financial controllers to develop detailed variance analysis and reconciliation of payroll liabilities.
- Evaluate the current setup of financial and HRIS systems with the aim of ensuring tax compliance and advising on tools to facilitate better reporting.
- Work with Mobility to review current relocation policies and business traveler expenses for country-specific tax reporting.
- Global payroll tax reporting such as PSA, P11D, T4’s, W2’s, and country-specific taxable expense and benefits reporting.
- Collation of employee compensation data for globally mobile employees, tracking the data, and flagging any concerns regarding potential tax exposure.
We would like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have acted as a lead point for tax-related payroll issues.
- You have provided consultancy on employment tax and its influence on total compensation and people policy, programs and initiatives.
- You have been responsible for ensuring payroll and benefits processes and partner software relationships are secure and compliant in relation to employment tax.
- You have been responsible for building and maintaining meaningful, strategic relationships cross-functionally with stakeholders.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20