PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, California
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony PlayStation's Business & Finance Systems Infrastructure is seeking a highly passionate Systems Engineer to provide exceptional hosting and infrastructure support for critically important services at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
As a Systems Engineer, you will work as a technical lead on various cloud initiatives through all phases of design, implementation, and support.
While contributing at a high level technically, this role will also require a passion for customer service, proven through problem solving, customer empathy, and communication. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is eager to learn by taking on new challenges, while also demonstrating an equal commitment to helping others grow. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Act as technical lead for many cloud initiatives - you’ll engineer, implement and maintain core systems infrastructure for critical business & finance services
- Automate with tooling that will streamline our internal processes. You’ll seek for ways to make us more efficient as we build, maintain, and monitor our systems
- Ensure all systems meet our high security standards by implementing new tooling and processes
- Deal with incidents, working under pressure to restore services quickly while maintaining a high level of communication
- Work well with others including with the wider IT teams and business units
- Maintain high standards of documentation and adhere to processes and standards
- Comfortable being the sole resource on projects with the ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global operations
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a professional IT environment with hands-on technical experience and demonstrated success in delivering of projects
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Expert experience in the design and implementation of: Linux, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible, as well as installation, configuration, and management
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- Familiarity of Storage types (SAN, NAS, Block and Unstructured)
- Solid understanding of Backup systems and methods
- Ability to set up and configure host and service monitoring
- Understanding of DNS and networking
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices
- A can-do attitude with the ability to collaborate with others
- Strong time management skills with a passion for technology and a desire to learn and grow.
- Willingness to compromise, you must be able to listen and understand other perspectives
- Pro-active, self-managing and remains calm under pressure
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail
- A natural aptitude for learning and understanding multiple systems and tools
- Prior experience supporting financial services, is a plus!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed