A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
Jagex are seeking a talented System Designer to join our team in building an exciting new IP in Unreal Engine 5. Reporting to the Lead Designer, you will work alongside a cross disciplined team to plan, prototype and build game systems that impact all pillars of the game’s design. Design responsibilities include, but are not limited to, RPG-lite elements, technical writing, game flow and continual improvements and refinements to existing systems.
Key Duties Include:
- Document game mechanics and features to serve as a knowledge base for all disciplines to understand the required design concepts for implementation.
- Coordinate with and work alongside programmers and artists to achieve the goals and specific needs of various game systems.
- Design and work in unreal to integrate a wide range of features and systems required for the game.
- Work with leads and scrum teams as well as directors to ensure all aspects of the game are hitting expected quality benchmarks.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of RPG and survival-craft systems.
- Capable of writing design specifications and developing systems for multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of system constraints and game engine architectures to understand how to effectively work within them to deliver assets.
- Demonstrable organized approach to problem solving and time management.
- Clear analytical thinker with a proven ability to break gameplay design down into regular, reusable systems.
- Current on industry trends as it relates to modern systems design.
- 2+ years of game design experience in a System Design capacity.
- Passion for games and game development.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed