Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Systems Designer with Unreal Editor expertise to design and implement game systems, controls, and interfaces. The successful candidate will collaborate with the development team from conception to release and provide guidance to less experienced game designers. The company values player satisfaction, commitment to engagement and quality, innovation, transparency, and honesty. The job offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, language courses, annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, attending a Zoom call, and undergoing competency tests and interviews.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Systems Designer with Unreal Editor expertise. The successful candidate will help us imagine and develop compelling and engaging rules for our games. From conception to release and throughout post-launch, the Systems Designer will develop high-quality systems and mechanics that are adapted to the target audience of players and that can immerse them into unique, engaging, and rich experiences.
- As a Systems Designer, you will:
- Design and implement one or several parts of the game's systems, controls, and interfaces
- Maintain clear design and technical documents using Confluence, JIRA, and Microsoft Office tools alongside other disciplines
- Collaborate on the game systems from conception to release with the entire development team
- Provide guidance to less experienced game designers
- Hands-on Unreal Editor experience in implementing core gameplay systems
- Work closely with our Directors to understand the overall game design vision
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to design and implement systems in the Unreal Editor that support the creative and game directions
- Adapt or rework designs when needed to meet any technical or production constraints
- Collaborate with other designers, programmers, and artists to ensure across-the-board consistency
- Develop flexible systems that can be expanded upon during post-launch
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry, develop your skills, and refresh your knowledge
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17