We are looking for a Systems Designer for Guild Wars 2 who is skilled at designing and maintaining game economies and reward systems. Do you spend most of your time in MMOs playing the auction houses? Are you the type of player who looks for a market inefficiency to make all your gold in MMOs? Do you spend time poring over spreadsheets and creating data visualizations? Are you familiar with basic economic principles? If any of this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why Join the ArenaNet Design Team?
The Design team at ArenaNet are responsible for creating the content and systems that players interact with in the game. We collaborate closely across multiple disciplines to bring our knowledge to bear on a wide array of problem sets and are a critical part of taking ideas and turning them into interactions for players. It is our job to build the stories, events, quests, creatures, and worlds that the players experience. We also believe that a healthy team is the first step to making fun, engaging games. And a healthy team is one of mutual respect, psychological safety, and diversity. We believe that new perspectives and voices help us to improve our game and find the best ideas.
As a Systems Designer, you will utilize your love of games along with your innovation and creative problem-solving skills to define and craft experiences that affect our players over the lifetime of their relationship with the products that we (and you) develop. You will collaborate across disciplines with other developers who bring their creativity and expertise to work every day.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and education skills
- Ability to define and monitor key economic indicators in a virtual economy and then turn that knowledge into concrete actions to improve it
- Understanding of player motivation and game reward systems
- Experience with SQL and data visualization
- Strong problem-solving abilities
NICE TO HAVES:
- Real-world economic degree or experience
- Ability to model complex economic systems and relationships
- Knowledge / Experience of UX needs and working with UX designers and artists
- Multiplayer online design experience
- Prior experience working with data scientists or analysts
- Experience with maintaining economic standards in a live game
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY OR, TX, UT and WA or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed