PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Ever noticed an issue with your games console and wanted to provide a solution that will help millions of consumers? This is the job for you!
Throughout the year we regularly conduct Software updates to the PS5 which require robust testing. You will investigate, diagnose, and provide accurate reporting for a variety of tests.
Based out of our brand-new Liverpool City Centre Office we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic testers to join the team and make a difference to our players experience.
Hours of Work: Shift cover between 8am – 7pm. You will be working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
What you'll be doing:
- Complete all required checks, as specified by regional project leader.
- Check released and newly submitted titles on firmware currently under development.
- Test new firmware features.
- Test prototype/pre-production hardware and peripherals.
- Report any/all problems found in firmware.
- Provide regular updates to team leader.
- Bug Testing
- Ensure all bugs are identified and thoroughly investigated.
- Ensure all bug information, including classification, is accurately recorded and legibly written in preparation for the Team Leader to enter them into the database.
- Check existing bugs against newer builds of firmware.
- Make the Team Leader aware of any bugs found that may belong to another department.
- Complete allocated work within given timeframes
- Provide accurate progress updates to direct line manager, when requested.
- Ensure all relevant SWQA procedures are followed.
- Follow and complete all test cases provided.
- Always align with departmental security policy and be alert to any security issues that may occur.
- Ensure company property is correctly treated and report any misuse to direct line manager.
- Behave in an appropriate manner within the workplace.
- Keep up to date with all PlayStation Hardware
What we're looking for:
- Technical and Professional Knowledge – The ability to show, understand and bring an appropriate level of expertise to the role.
- Quality and Standards - The ability to achieve high standards and quality in work
- Creativity – The ability to innovate and establish creative solutions as and when needed.
- SIEE Awareness – The ability to show and apply understanding of the organisation to daily working life.
- Style and Impact- The ability to adapt behaviour appropriately to a range of different people.
- Managing Change- Able to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working with Others- Builds effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Team Skills - The ability to work collaboratively with others in order to achieve common objectives.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, Liverpool
Country: United Kingdom