Support Engineer, Defence
The Defence Support Engineering team represents Improbable to our customers and partners when they require technical assistance. We want our customers and partners to know that their issues are being dealt with by competent engineers who have their best interests in mind. We manage, track, and champion these issues internally, using our technical expertise to provide clear and concise updates to the customer.
The Defence Support Team is newly formed and growing. We are working closely with internal stakeholders to build a high performing support team and put in place key technologies and processes that will be vital to our service offerings
Our team values strong collaboration, as we share the load as much as possible, coupled with a strong sense of responsibility for the customers’ happiness and a willingness to jump into a wide range of technologies and tools.
Areas of Impact:
- Work with industry leading technology partners and military and government customers to identify, clarify and explain issues to the wider organisation, acting as a translator between stakeholders and presenting the company in the best possible manner to the customers.
- Iterate and improve on support processes within the team, to improve the quality of our offering.
- You will use your technical expertise to discuss issues with our customers on their level, giving them the confidence that we are handling their issues with the utmost care.
- You’ll be writing reproduction cases to demonstrate a customer’s problem to our internal engineers. Your skills will also enable you to write tools to optimise workflows within the Support Team.
We would like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Have previous experience working in a similar support role e.g Senior Help desk.
- Have a proven track record of setting up and automating processes.
- Have a strong technical knowledge and a keen interest in developing scripting and development skills.
- Experience with 'Freshdesk' 'Hugo' or similar SaaS support products.
- Fantastic communication skills with both technical and non technical individuals
- Ability to work cross functionally across multiple different internal teams
"Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance"
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20