This is an opportunity for motivated interns to join Peak's Big Data Engineering Team for a 2 month summer internship. Interns will be responsible for designing and building data processing architecture in the cloud, building automated and scalable data pipelines, participating in weekly planning and review meetings, and developing strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals. Applicants must be enrolled in university and currently in their 3rd or 4th year of Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related field of studies, have a schedule that allows them to work full-time in Peak office for 2 months during summer 2023, have a real passion for software engineering, have a deep understanding of data structures, and have a great attitude towards learning new skills. Prior experience with Python and Go is an advantage. The hiring process includes a technical assignment through HackerRank to assess engineering skills, followed by a remote interview with HR and Tech Lead, and a remote final interview.
Are you eager to tackle complex data engineering challenges and further develop your skills? We are seeking motivated interns to join our Big Data Team in Peak office for a 2 months summer internship.
At Peak, data is the backbone of our operations - terabytes flowing in and billions of events happening on a daily basis. Our Big Data Engineering Team is responsible for building end-to-end data pipelines and delivering the processed data to the target services so that our Business Intelligence team can enable everyone to generate actionable insights.
As a Big Data Engineering Intern, you will also participate in the team with your work on our Open Source Projects and have the opportunity to distinguish yourself as an open source contributor.
Here are more details about how we work in Big Data Engineer Team.
What you’ll do during your internship
- Support the team in designing and building data processing architecture in the cloud
- Perform effectively both independently and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices
- Learn how to build an automated and scalable data pipelineInvolve in ongoing projects and be part of a dynamic environment
- Participate in weekly planning and review meetings
- Develop strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals
- Work with multiple tasks that need strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
You’ll need to
- Be enrolled in university and currently in your 3rd or 4th year of Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a related field of studies
- Have a schedule that allows you to work full-time in Peak office for 2 months during summer 2023
- Ready to use the academic knowledge in a fast-paced, real hands-on environment
- Have a real passion for software engineering, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience or projects
- Have a deep understanding of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them to solve problems
- Great attitude towards learning new skills and applying them in projects
- Prior experience with Python and Go will be an advantage
- Remote interview with HR and Tech Lead
- Remote final interview
Once your application has been reviewed and selected to the next stage, you will get a technical assignment through HackerRank to assess your engineering skills.
Following your assessments the next steps will be:
Good luck, we hope to hear from you soon!
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-02-18