PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Subscriptions Experience Manager
San Mateo, CA or Remote, US (West Coast preferred)
Our team operates within the wider ‘Services Commercial’ group who are dedicated to driving growth of PlayStation’s subscription services. This wider group strives to maximize new subscriber acquisition & retention and provide a compelling reason for people to return to the service year after year. Our products, PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, are critically important to PlayStation’s vision and strategy. PlayStation Plus is subscribed to by the majority of PlayStation users and PlayStation Now has seen huge growth since re-launching in October 2019.
This role specifically sits within the ‘Customer’ team who are accountable for bringing together a wide variety of partners (Marketing, Communications, PR, Merchandising, Product, Engineering) and driving a cohesive approach to the customer experience (both on and off console). We strive to ensure that every PlayStation subscriber gets the most out of their membership, has an enjoyable and fun experience, can access their benefits easily and develops a loyalty with us which makes them want to maintain their subscription in the years to come.
We’ll need someone with ambition, ideas, a can-do attitude, and the ability to see things through the eyes of the customer to achieve our challenging vision. You will be joining a sub-team purely focused on developing the user experience and optimizing customer journeys. What does that mean? You’ll be responsible for identifying cohorts of customers and creating detailed strategies on how we should interact with those customers to maximize their engagement. You’ll work with delivery teams around the business to segment our base into high value and/or high-risk cohorts and tailor the experience that those customers receive both on and off console. You’ll be drawing inspiration from other subscriptions and gaming competition and focusing on using our wealth of customer data to drive decision making.
The Customer team are on a growth journey – We’re expanding our team significantly, and we want you to help us with that journey!
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying, understanding, and reporting on customer segments
- You’ll be using our wealth of data to identify customer cohorts which need some extra attention or action. You’ll be an expert in addressing the cause of that customer’s needs, not just the symptoms.
- Examples of cohorts could be: Customers who joined the service for a particular game that they are no longer interested in, Customers who joined the service at a discount in a big sale, Customers who have turned off automatic payments etc.
- You will be reporting on how these customers interact with their subscription over time and the actions you have recommended and implemented to extend their tenure with the service.
- Delivering a Test and Learn strategy which turns into Full Market deployment
- You will propose, measure and report upon a testing and learning strategy (all using control groups) which aims to optimise the experience that customers have.
- When tests prove successful you will manage the roll out of these findings with our delivery teams across all channels to maximise the benefit we get from these findings.
- Working really closely with our Communications and Merchandising teams
- You’ll be looking at identification of important cohorts and building a strategy for those customers throughout their lifecycle with us – but you’ll need to work really closely with other teams to deliver those experiences. Whether it’s via messages on the Console or by emails to their inbox, you’ll be in close contact with our supporting teams to deliver your vision.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience focused on optimizing a customer’s digital experience
- Experience working with digital products and channels (websites, apps, emails etc.)
- Sound, logical approach to prioritizing which customer cohorts to prioritize efforts on
- A data-led approach, comfortable with measurement and interpreting analysis
- A customer first mentality – If it doesn’t lead to positive customer experiences – you don’t like it!
- A desire to push yourself and show your value to the business
- Skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus: Subscriptions background/understanding
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed