Atomhawk Advance is seeking a Studio Engagement Manager to support the growth of the company. The role involves managing employee-focused initiatives, including benefits, training, pastoral support, and entertainment, to ensure a fulfilling and enjoyable career for remote and in-office staff. The Studio Engagement Manager will work alongside other Atomhawk teams, such as Production and other Studio Engagement Managers, to ensure Atomhawk Advance is the best place to work. The role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and proactively, and experience in a visual, creative, and/or agency environment. Atomhawk Advance offers a unique environment for creative people, flexible working hours, and a strict 'No-Crunch' culture.
Atomhawk Advance offer Technical Art, UI/UX, Engineering and VFX support to the game development and wider entertainment industry working with leading studios and franchises working on AAA games, film and media.
We are looking for a Studio Engagement Manager to support our growth at Atomhawk Advance. The Studio Engagement manager will be responsible for a wide range of employee-focused initiatives, ensuring that our remote and in-office staff have a fulfilling and enjoyable career at Atomhawk Advance. The role will include projects within the following areas: benefits, training, pastoral support and entertainment and will require proactive engagement will all our team members to ensure belonging and happiness throughout the studio.
As Studio Engagement Manager, you will report directly in to the Studio Director, with dotted lines to our Operations Director and wider support services such as HR and Marketing. You will also work alongside other Atomhawk teams such as Production and other Studio Engagement Managers, to ensure Atomhawk Advance is the best place to work.
We currently have a rapidly growing physical office in Leamington Spa that will be relocating to a new flagship studio location later in the year! This is an exciting opportunity to help our team “start right” and develop a growing and ambitious studio with a world-class culture, making Atomhawk Advance a world class place to work.
- Work alongside Marketing to provide content for social media and improve employer brand. Ensure communication in the studio is optimum and information flows from Group into the studio effectively.
- Represent the studio as appropriate at external recruitment/marketing events.
- Support the management team with all people related queries, working alongside HR to ensure effective management of employees.
- Signposting our people towards appropriate mental health support such as MHFA, EAP, Help at Hand, HR team, etc.
- Budget owner for various overheads, including Travel and Expenses. Ensuring delivery of engagement tactics is value for money and within budget.
- Supports Studio L&D by: Ensuring our people are exposed to training and mentoring programs. Work with discipline heads and the operations director to developrelevant skills matrices. Collaborating with senior management onindividual development and group training programmes.
- Recruitment engagement, working in collaboration with the recruitment & hiring managers, understanding studio requirements and interviewing candidates, supporting the process to ensure we are doing the best job in bringing in people who will help us achieve the Vision for the Studios and the wider Sumo Group.
- Be a champion for employee benefits, ensuring benefits are understood by our people, supporting comms of new benefits to the studios and championing wellbeing (financial, mental and physical).
- Gather data from the studio and ensure engagement,considering trends at studio level and suggest benefit offerings which will support people needs.
- Work with Senior Management and HR to design and implement studio “People Plans”.
- Design and deliver a “Studio engagement calendar” consisting of events, care packages, awareness initiatives etc.
- Design, build and execute a first-class Induction and Onboarding program for new team members; including planning for all new starters, conductinginductions, working with L&D and the internal Dojo platform team.
- Oversea relocation process to ensure any overseas team members have the best relocation experience possible and can integrate into both the studio and the local community effectively.
- Work alongside HR and the Operations Director to ensure new starter paperwork is completed and returned. Ensure payroll changes are sent through in a timely manner, etc.
- Champion our studio vision and values – and ensure others understand what they mean.
- Working in collaboration with the studio leadership and EDI Manager, to ensure individual studio cultures grow and develop with the studio and that our ED&I mission is a key part of our growth.
- Work with survey data (Best Companies, Sumo Census, etc) to analyse data and implement strategy alongside studio management team and HR.
- Ensure engagement with studio Charity partners and volunteer days, maximise studio engagement with these initiatives.
- Support the development of internal studio admin team.
- Ensure the working environment is tidy, safe and optimal for employee experience.
- Studio Relocation; Assist the senior management and team to ensure that we have a smooth, non-disruptive move to the new flagship office.
- Design and implement seating plans and office moves.
- Manage external contractors.
- First contact for site emergencies such as alarms, internet issues, floods etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of different people in different roles with the business.
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as contributing to the success of the wider team.
- Experience of working in a visual, creative and/or agency environment.
- Knowledge of the games/entertainment industry
- Previous experience of event management, HR and internal communications
- Experience supporting and nurturing remote teams.
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names - Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting Mortal Kombat, irreverent and stylised Surgeon Simulator 2, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda - DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer - we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can take a virtual tour of the exhibition here.
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021 and Top Companies North East 2021. We hold the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, as well as the TIGA Star Award 2021. We were also named Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards.
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required within the art team.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group Ltd, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.
Apply for this job
Location: Atomhawk Advance, Leamington
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-28