A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Studio Audio Director, you work with both your audio department and the game teams defining the audio direction across all products across game development and publishing. You build and oversee smooth pipelines and ensure the highest audio quality is achieved by internal and external development in collaboration with the product and marketing creative direction. You are the gate keeper for audio quality across the studio.
As the figure head of audio, you are expected to work closely with your team across multiple studio projects and incentives while providing direct leadership and guidance. You are an inspirational leader who provides motivation, mentoring and coaching as well as advocating team creativity and best practices throughout the audio department including health and well-being.
At a Director level you also contribute toward studio wide topics, decisions and directives that will move the studios creative department forward and continue to establish Jagex as a studio of exceptional talent. It also a requirement you represent your team at a product, leadership, and craft level both to the wider studio, community, and industry.
Key Duties Include:
- Runs the day to day operations of the audio team
- Works with the audio, game dev and publishing teams setting the audio direction and technical goals across multiple projects.
- Effectively communicates audio vision by producing Audio Direction pitches, guides, and documentation
- Communicates updates oft eam progress to EPs, Senior Directors, VP’s, and Exec
- Defines and drives best practices and pipelines in all areas of audio creation including outsourcing
- Keeps deadlines by working with production effectively planning team strategy and highlighting key risks
- Defines audio needs and creates growth plans partnering with recruitment to deliver
- Line manages Associate Director and may line manage others depending on team size and setup
- Mentors and coaches Lead and Associate Directors in career growth and craft
- Inspires, motivates, and unleashes potential in individuals and team to deliver beyond their expectation
- Establishes high performing teams in craft excellence
- Keeps themselves and the team informed of the latest advancements of technology and techniques specific to audio
- Able to show a path forward for their team in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Advocates for creativity and best practices throughout all audio disciplines
- Contributes toward studio initiatives and is a team and studio ambassador personifying the company values.
- Is part of studio creative leadership shaping the strategy of the audio department within Jagex
- Able to tangibly demonstrate high quality audio delivery and direction
- Extensive end to end game development experience from concept, production through to live game on PC or Console to AAA standard
- Up to date working knowledge of audio engines, hardware, and software
- Fluent communicating an audio vision to teams, stakeholders and externally as required
- Competent planning audio growth and development departmentally supporting studio and game team needs
- Comfortable documenting and presenting current industry best practices to audio and game teams
- Broad audio knowledge base with practical mentoring capability in two of the following areas: sound design, composing, mastering, technical, foley/ voice
- Working knowledge of audio workflows across all areas of audio creation an implementation
- Strong team leadership ability with an inspirational lead by example approach that unleashes potential in others
- Capable of bringing a competitive edge to the studio through Audio Direction and team strength
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed