Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a personable and dynamic Facilities Assistant to support our team during a period of significant studio growth and to keep us organized and running efficiently. This role is ideal for someone who is searching for an exciting role in video games, has fantastic communication skills, a positive mental attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities with ease. The Facilities Assistant’s time will be split between the current Blackbird studio, and a small satellite studio less than 10 minutes away. Because of this, one of the requirements of this position is a car and a valid driver’s license.
- General reception tasks such as answering phones, shipping/receiving, mail distribution, etc.
- Library, kitchen & office supply inventory, procurement & organization.
- Weekly meeting & lunch organization – facilitating catering and prepping spaces.
- Light labour and maintenance as required – building desks and furniture, replacing light bulbs, maintaining cleanliness of common areas and appliances, watering plants, general organization.
- Running errands as requested anywhere in the city (i.e.) Costco supply runs, special deliveries or pick-ups, etc.
- Managing inter-studio deliveries between both Vancouver locations.
- Checking and restocking supplies (paper at the printers, etc).Co-ordinating with external contractors and the building landlord as needed.
- Escorting visitors and clients through the building and monitoring security for the facility.
- Ensuring NDA’s are filled out for all visitors.
- Providing set-up for special meetings, lunch & learns, social events etc.
- Interacting respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members, and clients.
- Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
- Experience demonstrating comfort and knowledge around light maintenance tasks and general office work.
- Attention to detail & the ability to complete tasks with a high degree of polish.
- Proactive and willing attitude toward anything that needs to be done around the studio.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills & knowledge of relevant software such as Google Drive and Google apps and general office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 driver's license and reliable vehicle
- A self-starter who can work under limited supervision but also able to take direction.
- Proven track record of a can-do attitude and willing to jump on any and every task when needed.
Vacation & Extras
+ 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
+ Mentorship program
+ Skunkworks internal game jam program
+ 4 weeks paid vacation per year
+ 11 paid stat holidays
+ 3 paid days per year for professional development
+ December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
+ Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
+ Life insurance
+ $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
+ RRSP matching up to $1500
+ Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Follow us: Discord Twitter Insta FB Linkedin
Apply for this job
Location: On-site – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Date found: 2022-11-11
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed