Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As the Studio Art Manager, you will work closely with the Studio Art Director, Art Discipline Directors and Human Resources to provide leadership for the art department across multiple concurrent projects. This role requires a proactive communicator that can work within the art department as well as cross discipline with all other game and business departments as well as communicate externally to partners when needed. If you thrive on new challenges and can define and communicate clear and compelling direction and feedback, we’d like to hear from you.
- Develop and implement strategic goals for the Art department by understanding the short and long term needs of the department and the studio.
- Work with Art Directors, Discipline Directors, HR and the art team to advance department skills through training initiatives, processes improvements and engagement opportunities
- Work with leadership teams across multiple projects to define staffing needs on current and future projects that align with project needs and artists’ skills and interests.
- Be actively involved with recruiting, hiring, contracts, external outreach and external developer relationships.
- Provide wide range of leadership through 1-1s, mentoring, conflict resolution, performance reviews, and career development.
- Drive initiatives to build long term career roadmaps for the art disciplines
- Can be asked to represent the Art Department to external business partners
- Encourage and excite the team to find their voice and help them apply it to shape unique new projects and fit in with established brands and IP.
- Organize social and team building activities.
- 15+ years experience in game industry, some of that time spent understanding the entire pipeline of game development
- 8+ years experience in a leadership role
- Experience using Unreal or proprietary editors, software and tools
- Experience with modern workflows for current AAA games both large and small
- In depth knowledge of the entire lifecycle of a project
- Experience mentoring artists and leads with 1:1’s and establishing career goals for artists
- Excellent understanding of art pipelines and workflows
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize within time constraints and manage multiple efforts.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done to offer employment or determine eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Location: Austin, Alaska
Country: ,United States,United States