PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Strategic Insights Analyst will be a crucial pillar of PSS Finance’s data-driven business support capabilities. Capitalising on the collective skillsets, KPI standards and data sources already established within the PSS Finance division, they will work alongside the Strategic Insights Lead to ensure enthusiastic delivery of PlayStation Studios’ strategic objectives.
Together, they will mould Strategic Finance into a proactive, high integrity and indispensable resource. This is a rare opportunity for a trustworthy, entry-level candidate to join PlayStation Studios at a more senior level. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and a passion for the gaming industry, alongside technical skills gained at graduate level or above.
The Strategic Insights Analyst will report to the Strategic Insights Manager/Lead, housed within the PlayStation Studios Finance. Given the fast-changing nature of the industry and its technologies, the right candidate should expect new responsibilities to emerge over and above those listed below. Location is flexible, with the option to work remotely, provided work can also be carried out on-site at PlayStation Studios offices when required on key projects, in-person work meetings etc.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertake standardised reporting functions (in particular, those previously carried out by the Senior Business Analyst, PSS Financial Planning & Analysis, e.g. weekly digital sales reports)
- Become fluent with PSS Finance and wider SIE metadata, undertaking master data management to underpin their knowledge for higher-level tasks
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for PSS Finance and studio directors, producers and analysts, as well as the wider SIE, as signalled by the Strategic Insights Manager/Lead
- Transform neutral data into useable insights, helping to provide PSS titles with a competitive edge from the perspective of PSS Finance
- Become a subject matter expert over time on data points and sources available within the team to PSS (and the wider SIE on behalf of PSS), both in terms of their definitions and their appropriate usage
- Assist the Strategic Insights Manager/Lead to develop the capabilities of the Strategic Insights team
- Understand and undertake some of the duties of the Strategic Insights Manager/Lead in their absence
- Represent the team as appropriate in cross-functional meetings
- Continued development of analytical- and advanced SQL skills and Snowflake
- Promote the value of PSS & DSO metadata and best practices
- Contribute to a healthy team environment in which everyone can share in their success
What we’re looking for:
- Data Science undergraduate degree or similar including SQL skills, Snowflake and/or two years+ of practical business intelligence experience inc. with SQL
- Extensive videogame knowledge, able to demonstrate a fluent understanding of genre, gameplay, monetisation methods and industry trends
- Self-starter, showing initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as within a team
- Enthusiasm for forensic exploration of data, data discovery and interrogation
- Ability to translate data into analysis, and analysis into insights
- Knowledge of best practice with regards to data integrity, consistency and cleanliness
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Fluent English speaker, able to write in a highly professional manner to the highest levels of the business
- Strong work ethic and adherence to maintaining strict confidentiality essential
- Ability to solve problems creatively and implements workable solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, in high profile and time-pressured environments
- Exposure to or understanding of basic financial concepts such as P&L
- Familiarity with visualisation tools e.g. Tableau, Looker
- Familiarity with BI tools e.g. Cognos, MicroStrategy, PowerBI
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed