PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA
This position is responsible for contributing to design and development of system-level software in future PlayStation hardware products.
The successful applicant is:
- A strong programmer with a good understanding of hardware/software interactions and performance optimization.
- A strong communicator with experience writing software requirements specifications for others.
- Comfortable collaborating with remote and international engineering teams (typically in the US and Japan).
- A strong troubleshooter and hands-on fixer.
- Not necessarily always right, but always committed to make things right.
- A gamer at heart despite being an engineer in mind.
- Development of system software/libraries in C/C++ used by both 1st and 3rd party developers.
- Development experience on Linux, Windows, and macOS/iOS.
- Familiarity with mobile device application development languages such as Objective C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Documentation/testing of libraries used by other teams.
- Familiarity with domain specific language design/development.
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent fields.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed