PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer (Adelaide)
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device! We are looking for passionate software engineers who are fascinated by the technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Network team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications and systems for network automation in a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Provide domain direction and influence overall strategy of projects/products.
- Gather functional requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Review and consult on designs by other engineers.
- Architect major features, frameworks, sub-systems while modeling high standards for testable design and automation.
- Ownership of the implementation, and delivery of features/components from start to finish
- Work closely with team members and product owners to identify areas for product improvement
- Proactive root cause analysis for reported issues
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Define and craft integration tests with Test Engineering teams
- Continually bring new ideas and insights about technology to the engineering team
- Mentor other team members on standard development methodologies
- Advocates software craftsmanship and takes pride in their work
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency in Java required
- Proficiency in Python required
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux programming environments
- Advanced knowledge of distributed systems architecture and cluster computing
- Strong Knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores
- Strong understanding of concepts such as concurrency, parallelism, and event driven architecture
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Consul, and other CNCF technologies
- Knowledge of Web technologies including REST, JSON, gRPC, and WebSocket
- Intermediate knowledge of version control tools such as git and GitLab
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deliver
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contribution to the open-source community is a plus (ie. blogs, source code, etc)
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: Australia, Adelaide