Unity Engine is used by millions of creators around the world to build powerful and engaging real-time experiences. Underlying these experiences is game code written in C# and targeting .NET. We are the .NET Tech Group at Unity, and we work on the integration of the .NET runtime and tooling as well as on compiler technologies that generate highly efficient native code. We have incredible challenges regarding the migration of our existing .NET Mono runtime and custom compilation pipeline to the cutting edge .NET.
We are looking for an experienced staff software engineer to evolve within our group and across our teams with the goal of advancing the C# and .NET development experience. You will work with our principal engineer and the different teams to design and build solutions that will strengthen our migration to the latest .NET.
We expect that you'll bring your critical thinking and teamwork skills to make an impact on our users. Our team has an inclusive culture where the "best ideas win", and we would welcome folks from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply for this position.
Here are some blog posts and presentations we have done in the past, to give you an idea of our work:
- Unity and .NET, what’s next? (https://blog.unity.com/technology/unity-and-net-whats-next)
- Raising your game with Burst 1.7 (https://blog.unity.com/technology/raising-your-game-with-burst-17)
- Making AnimationEvent safe for the CoreCLR garbage collector (https://blog.unity.com/technology/making-animationevent-safe-for-the-coreclr-garbage-collector)
What you’ll be doing
- Learning and becoming familiar with our C#/.NET integration
- Crafting, prototyping and implementing key technical solutions
- Improving the quality of the C#/.NET integration
- Advocating standard methodologies for internal developers and our users
What we’re looking for
- Ability to design, communicate, and deliver software projects
- Strong experience with C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Prior experience with C++
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Passion for learning
You might also have
- Experience with compilers and build systems
- Experience with game engine code
- Experience using the Unity Engine and Editor
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in Denmark
Create Profile and Get Noticed