PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a member of Sony Interactive Entertainment's Future Technology Group (FTG), you'll have the opportunity to lead the charge in the cloud gaming revolution. FTG is at the forefront of putting console-quality video games on any device, and we're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering team.
In this technical leadership role, you will use your skills and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future of game streaming. You will play a key role in building server-side applications for cloud orchestration on a large geographically distributed infrastructure that is capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players! You will work with creative, forward-thinking, and collaborative teammates in both the hardware / systems engineering and cloud engineering spaces to deliver player experiences that make a difference. This position offers a healthy mix of development, leadership, and research, ensuring that work is both exciting and rewarding. An ideal candidate has a strong vision for the future, enjoys solving unique problems and takes great pride in overcoming them.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Creatively solve exciting technical problems at scale
- Setting technical standards and making strategic technology choices
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to project and upper management
- Ability to break high-level features into appropriate tasks for other engineers to develop
- Mentor and coach other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Collaborate with other FTG teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, back-end focused
- Proficiency in Java and knowledge in Python
- Knowledge of Linux or other UNIX variants
- Knowledge in AWS, CI/CD tools, Kubernetes
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Experience with highly resilient distributed systems which can handle significant load
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exposure to agile and iterative software delivery is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Austin, TX
Country: United States