PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Security Architect
Location: Open to Aliso Viejo, CA, San Diego, CA, San Mateo, CA or Remote
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, talented engineers, and a dedicated security team? If so, join us!
This Security Architect will work on the latest innovative gaming systems, enabling PlayStation to innovate future technology of console, cloud gaming, and more. Responsive to changes in business and risk and being on the forefront of emerging technologies this individual will drive new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering fields and domains, sharp business insight, and outstanding communication skills.
By fully understanding business needs and assessing relative risk, the architect will drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This requires the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems.
This Security Architect will focus on the Future Technology and Cloud Gaming business area and reports to the Director of Global Security Architecture.
- Understand security challenges for creating a multi-tenant-capable on-prem infrastructure and architect solutions to secure it
- Build secure cloud-native and on-prem hybrid applications using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Secure Docker containers, Kubernetes infrastructure; secure build and admin tooling (e.g Git, Jenkins, Chef)
- Proactively seek security gaps within current and projected business direction and orchestrate solutions to address those gaps
- Understand all phases of software development spanning design, development, deployment, and maintenance, and address and drive down security risks at all phases
- Design and contribute heavily to network security architecture including policies for firewalls, WAFs, network segmentation, VLANs, VPNs, and DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Design secure user and service authentication and authorization systems based on directory services, SAML, OAuth, x.509
- Leadership experience for security projects involving multi-disciplined teams
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, hardware engineering, business intelligence, test/QA engineering, deployment operations
- Experience deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based and docker-hosted environments, with special attention to security
- Extensive experience with security tools including key management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DMZ design, DDoS mitigation, and network segmentation
- Outstanding communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant system, product, and/or network security experience
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and securing multi-tenant systems and infrastructure, be a recognized security technologist (e.g. have patents, conference participation, teaching experience). An M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent is desired.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States