Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today. Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We are seeking a Staff Data Scientist to join the Product & Live Services Core Games Insights team dedicated to supporting 2K core games, including titles developed by Gearbox, Firaxis, and more! On this team, you will be the Lead data authority who contributes directly to the design and growth of exciting new games by helping studios and the publishing business optimize gameplay and player engagement. You will work closely with studio and product leadership to craft, guide, implement, and optimize player experience through a rich insight roadmap that fulfills our designer’s vision and product strategy.
What You Will Do
- Leverage a mixed background of expertise and experience that crosses product and business analytics, applied data science (e.g. A/B testing, experimentation, and predictive modeling), and product management knowledge to define and implement a rich insights roadmap
- Develop, test, and articulate a clear understanding of opportunities for a game feature and economy optimization, iterations, and improvements that best drive player acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Research and implement models to deeply understand and improve in-game experiences for our players (e.g., gameplay/balance tuning, player segmentation/clustering, etc.)
- Partner/influence directly with and regularly present insights to key strategic business partners (e.g., Growth Strategy, Marketing, Product Development)
- Ensure alignment of goals and outcomes as the development of games and post-content releases are changed.
- Liaise with partner Data Engineering and QA teams to define and ensure delivery of high-quality data capture (telemetry) and self-serve business intelligence tools
- Up-level others on the team through mentorship and peer review using your experience and domain expertise
Who We Believe Will Be An Outstanding Fit
- You have a shown foundation with technical breadth and expertise in the domains of statistics, machine learning, and data analytics
- You are a solution-oriented, creative problem solver, a self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to drive impact and build whatever is necessary along the way.
- Passion and experience with games developed by Firaxis and Gearbox
- You’re able to optimally balance problem-solving from a technical solution standpoint while also providing transparency through concise partner communications
- Demonstrated ability in data analytics, data science, machine learning, or applied science/research roles.
- Experience in applying statistical analysis, machine learning, and experimentation design within a consumer-facing business
- Proficient in Python or R programming
- Proficient in relational databases and SQL. Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, NoSQL databases
- Proficient with the creation of rich data visualizations and visual story-telling, using platforms such as Tableau
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States