We're looking for a talented and passionate Staff Backend Engineer to join Wildlife's In-game Economy team.
As a Staff Backend Engineer in the In-game Economy team, you will design, implement, improve and maintain the functionalities that compose Wildlife game's economy ecosystem. You will work on constantly evolving the services responsible for features like Store, Wallet, Inventory and Purchases services in general that are used by thousands of players simultaneously. You will play a key-role in driving the team success through technical excellence, leadership and teamwork..
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the role
Wildlife Studios is searching for a Security Engineer to join our security team. We seek an engineer with programming, cloud, network and security systems knowledge. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
We'll need you to understand our systems, identify potential vulnerabilities in the production environment, propose, design and implement solutions that will lower the overall risk.
What you’ll do
- Evolve Wildlife's In-game Economy systems architecture and implementation (Purchases services, Store, Wallet, Inventory, etc) to deliver our functionalities with technical and product quality, impacting thousands of players.
- Integrate our products into the Wildlife Platform, following guidelines and best practices to provide a great experience to Game Engineers during all game development phases
- Maintain our existing stack, identifying and tackling opportunities in our services and processes, such improvements in tests, CI/CD, observability and documentation.
- Work in a high collaborative and diverse environment to foster a thriving software engineering culture inside the team and the department
What you need
- Strong experiencie on software development professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Experience with backend development and the correlated areas, such as cloud and infrastructure topics.
- Experience building and maintaining systems with high scalability and availability.
More about you
- You can communicate clearly with your team and the company to identify and discuss issues, demands, solutions and priorities;
- You enjoy working with different technologies and contexts, being able to ramp up fast in new opportunities and challenges when they emerge
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil