PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The successful applicant is:
- A Senior member that can contribute and improve the work of every team members. Someone who can drive the culture and community of the team.
- Self-motivated, proactive, critical thinker with a strong intuition to identify and resolve roadblocks before they become material risks to a program.
- Owning project and program schedules, task assignments, and leading overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively managing dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Proficient at addressing various partners from individual contributors, up through senior leadership.
- Working with the extended Program Management group to set the product definition, system level architecture and coordination with the various business and engineering teams- from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Maintains big picture strategic and operational thinking balanced by a strong attention to detail
- Flexible and calm in dealing with various aspects of ambiguity
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Extensive experience developing and/or leading large projects/programs across multiple engineering and operations teams across the finish line.
- Experience in roles that communicate requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with engineering and supply chain teams.
- Preferred background of supporting the development of new consumer electronic devices
- Experience with Project/Program management tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and teams with varied strengths
- Experience in the gaming field is not required, but interest and passion for gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, and technology is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or engineering related fields preferred. Masters or MBA are a plus.
- Proven experience as a Technical Program Manager or Project Lead
- Agile team; feels like a start-up within a large organization
- Hiring Location: Location Flexible
- Travel (domestic and international) required. Estimated 15%-25%
- Individual Contributor: Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities nor budgetary or hiring accountabilities
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States