PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Senior Software QA Engineer (Contract) to join our QA team for System Integration Testing, and will be testing new and existing features across different apps and on multiple platforms.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with teams on four continents.
- Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation console as well as other platforms and create effective testing strategies.
- Collaborate with multiple teams for test design and test execution.
- Report, track and verify defects.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automation scripts in Python.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as Jira, source control tools such as Git as well as test case management systems such as qTest.
- Promotes a cohesive engineering environment focused on striving for increased quality and team efficiency.
- Plan and complete QA related activities; build test plans, test cases, and implement to ensure proper test coverage
- 5+ years of significant QA work experience and a strong background in QA methodologies
- Have deep understanding of System Integration Testing
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs
- Experience in UI automation for web/mobile applications
- 2+ years of Python experience is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools such as Jenkins, Jira
- Experience in a lead capacity, leading small to medium projects
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- BS in CS or related field (or equivalent work experience)
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States