PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) of Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. This role requires proficiency in multiple programming languages, familiarity with digital content creation tools, strong software design skills, and a dedication to writing robust and maintainable code. You will be responsible for the development and support of an array of studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, and the different artist teams being supported.
On the server side, our production pipeline is a suite of proprietary micro-services that handle asset and workflow management, artist tasking, environment management, render farm and automation coordination, push notifications, and more. On the client side, there are a variety of graphical tools for artists and technical users, some of which function as standalone interfaces while others are integrated into the content creation tools the teams use.
- At least 5 years of experience writing tools, libraries and plug-ins in the Visual Effects or Video Game industry
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent program
- Advanced programming knowledge in C++ and Python
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Maya API, both python and C++
- Knowledge of user interface design with the Qt/PyQt/Pyside toolkit
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a production environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of debugging in Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Motionbuilder Python API
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed