Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
The Technology Research team performs applied research to accelerate the pace of building amazing player experiences at Riot Games. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll contribute to a research team whose focus is to leverage NLP technologies to simplify and amplify game development. To this end, your team will build tools and prototypes to demonstrate what is possible when we bring cutting edge NLP research deeper into the core game loop.
- Design, develop and implement game features, with your efforts spanning in-game systems and out-of-game features
- Prototype in engine and/or platform new algorithms that highlight what is possible with NLP (examples include: disruptive behavior detection, dynamic quest generation, more expressive NPC interactions)
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards
- Work closely with researchers in Tech Research to understand their needs, create prototypes, and integrate the latest research into our game environments
- Stay up to date on the latest academic advances & industry trends within your area of specialization.
- Inform and manage stakeholders on game teams
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience in development of large systems design and core areas of gameplay/feature development such as AI, combat, physics, levels, inventory, etc.
- Deep knowledge of modern C++
- 2+ years of Unreal Engine experience
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live game
- Experience working on multiplayer games (.e.g. MMO, RPG, Card games etc) with server-side game logic
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed