Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer - DevOps, working on D&D, you will help build, automate, and maintain security, database, networking, compliance, and cloud infrastructure for multiple teams of front and backend engineers working on the D&D Beyond product. You will participate in operational and system design reviews for product engineering teams.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and maintain the cloud-based infrastructure that supports software applications, including server, container, network, database, observability, security, and storage management systems.
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for DevOps and SRE, compliance, backup and recovery, security, and cloud computing.
- Implement software to automate software development and deployment processes.
- Work with engineers to improve the performance, optimize the resource usage, and ensure the reliability, security, and scalability of applications.
- Deliver training and support to users, developers and other engineers on compliance requirements and security standard processes.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, cloud computing technologies, database technologies, standard processes and trends.
- Identify and resolve issues, performance or otherwise, with the system infrastructure.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+years of proven experience in DevOps, SRE, TechOps or a related field.
- 3+ years using containerized workload management technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, AWS ECS, EKS).
- Proven track record building and managing infrastructure in AWS.
- Ability to write software using at least one programming language.
- Experience with Linux and Windows.
- Experience with some form of Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK).
- Strong problem-solving and bug resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Nice To Have:
- Experience using Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Experience working with both relational (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) and non-relational databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB).
- Intermediate or greater knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Understanding of monitoring tools (e.g., CloudWatch, Datadog, Sumologic)
- A passion for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D).
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Fully Remote