PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have a passion for automation ? We are looking for self-motivated, quick-starter and highly proactive individuals to join our Client QA team, who would be responsible for ensuring quality of Client Frameworks.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about innovation, teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with teams on four continents.
What You'll Do
- Review product requirements and design documents to understand and build effective testing strategies.
- Build concrete test plans, write solid test cases, and implement them to ensure the quality of features. Identify testing needs for l10n, a11y, and performance testing.
- Build, maintain and improve test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Report, track and verify defects as well as monitor Automation jobs. Provide status reports to Leadership and other key partners.
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improve process, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage across multiple teams.
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
- Testing – the study and practice a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – an interest in test automation to a level where pros and cons of various automation approaches are shown. To support this, solid understanding of a modern programming language is vital.
- Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Performance - passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in automation.
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium or UI Automation technologies
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs, Libraries, SDK / Application Frameworks, Native Applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Experience using project and test case management tools.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States