The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Job Summary: The Sr Project Manager – People Programs will drive coordinated project planning for a portfolio of complex initiatives that span across the People (HR) line of business. Leveraging an ability to build robust relationships, they will collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to ensure programs/initiatives are aligned with TPCi’s organizational strategic objectives. In addition to all the awesome responsibilities a Sr Project Manager typically has (i.e. capacity planning, managing budget, schedules, communication, etc.), a key part of this role is applying human-centered design principles to change & communication strategies to ensure a holistic implementation & sustainment plans are delivered to the business.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Communicates and collaborates with various teams to provide training and information to impacted parties.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $107,000.00 - $162,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed