PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager, Content Discovery Experiences
Los Angeles, CA (Hybrid)
The PlayStation Store Content Discovery team focuses on helping our players find their next game to play in our catalog. The primary challenge for the Content Discovery team is building out the experiences, systems, tools, and operating models to create a more personalized and dynamic game discovery experience for our players on our platform. As a member of this team, you will help drive key initiatives and projects that drive value for our Players, Partners, and our business.
As a Senior Product Manager focusing on Content Discovery Experiences, you will focus on helping all of our players find their next favorite game. Working closely with our engineering and UX design, you will build, ship, and measure immersive new ways of diving into our catalog of games by harnessing our new personalization capabilities across our consoles, our mobile app, and our web properties. You will partner closely with partners in Marketing, Sales, and Operations to measure & optimize the way these experiences drive partner and business value. Our team is looking for a customer-focused product manager to define the player experiences, KPIs, and strategy for this key player experience.
- Optimize the PlayStation Store experiences across consoles, web, and mobile app to drive our content discovery KPIs
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to elicit requirements for new functionality.
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, lead timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Support User Experience in the design of new functionality
- Partner with Business Analysts to define business logic and requirements
- Partner with Product Owners and Engineering leads to prepare stories for delivery
- Partner with Global Legal Teams to create a customer-centric, compliant, and optimized experience wherever in the world customers access it from.
- Work with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale/benefits, including presenting at large planning events & to senior management
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- Handle a backlog of epics and features, as well as driving prioritization in alignment with an identified short term monetization plan.
- Continually learn and develop in order to be a subject matter expert with respect to the competition and technology around digital retail and conversion optimization
- Be responsible for the backlog of initiatives and features and drive prioritization.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Be self-motivated and results oriented.
- The ability to think creatively while collaborating on new products, solutions, and features.
- The ability to travel domestic and international when safely able to do so
- Proven record working with partners, vendors and project team members to further the business goals of our products and services
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (sales and marketing, operations, user experience designers, engineers, managers, vendors, partners, etc.)
- Experience with experimentation and various methodologies
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States