PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager
San Francisco or San Diego, CA
The Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Product Management Group is charged with delivering industry leading gaming experiences to PlayStation customers around the world. We are looking for a Product Manager to help provide PlayStation customers a seamless and smooth experience using the account system of the PlayStation Network. Especially the web experience centering around the mobile phone as it’s used by players of all ages.
The Product Manager will lead end-to-end planning, development and delivery of company products and experiences.
Based in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo) or downtown San Francisco (SoMa), you will work as part of the Product Management team, in close collaboration with the Product Managers for both the Console Platform and Network Platform to define and deliver world-class, cross-channel experiences that deliver significant business value and delight customers.
- Envisioning and defining strategy for enhanced experiences for gamers and partners formed from a basis in experience, research, and data analysis
- Breaking down sophisticated business problems into simple functional requirements for technical analysis
- Identifying and driving integrations of Account Management experiences onto various company products
- Measuring positive impacts to the PlayStation platform and services, including overall customer satisfaction, affinity and engagement for product offerings
- Working with globally distributed internal partners to develop a competitive roadmap for technology products and assess prioritization on the backlog.
- Defining software product requirements documentation and functional specifications for features and application enhancements.
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to identify optimal customer-centric solutions, create end-user prototypes and deliver design specifications.
- Preparing use cases for technical implementation and functionality testing to ensure implementation meets business requirements.
- Develop customer insights through appropriate data and user research for analysis.
- Validating user software needs by evaluating contending factors including business and data projections, engineering costs and user test results.
- Analyzing market and data trends for PlayStation’s products and sharing analysis findings on user research and industry trends to shape product strategy and direction.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Proven experience with progressively increased responsibility in product management of software, services, and/or platforms
- Experience defining, prioritizing, managing and releasing large-scale consumer products
- Understanding of user account and identity systems with direct management and integration experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the user accounts for web services area (i.e. Google account, Facebook account, etc.), or building web experiences for gaming platforms is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and project team members (UX designers, engineers, managers, business teams, etc)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven track record of breaking down sophisticated business problems into concise functional requirements
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct management oversight
- Flexibility to work (including travel in the future) for key global partner meetings
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States