PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Business Continuity & Emergency Preparedness
London, UK or San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
The Business Continuity and Emergency Preparedness Senior Manager will collaborate with department directors and the executive team to develop and implement plans to anticipate, address, and mitigate the effects of various business interruptions as well as improve preparedness and resilience across the enterprise.
SIE’s Emergency Preparedness & Crisis Response Team under the Corporate Security is responsible for improving emergency preparedness and crisis response globally for all SIE sites and provides daily coordination among with departments and teams to reduce risks, enhance business continuity, and ensure the safety of SIE personnel.
The position will report to the Director of Emergency Preparedness & Crisis Response, SIE Corporate Security, and receive additional direction from the Senior Director for Corporate Security.
- Develops and maintains a business recovery plans with responsible departments.
- Establish business continuity plan reviews and coordinate revisions and changes to existing plans and protocols.
- Conducts risk assessments for various departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unexpected business interruptions such as natural disasters, security breach, legal claims, and market disruptions.
- Audit and maintain business continuity plans and support crisis response coordination with departments in the event of a threat or emergency.
- Collaborates with IT and network staff to develop and implement best practices to protect and restore data and systems in the event of natural disasters, viruses, and hackers.
- Identifies and implements recovery operations and methods to allow the company to function at limited or partial capacity in the event that part or all of the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed.
- Improves Emergency Preparedness at company sites and company operations to improve readiness and resilience for natural disasters, security threats, and other disruptions to facilities and personnel.
- Creates and facilitates practice drills and tabletop exercises to evaluate emergency preparedness and business continuity plans.
- Develops and provides staff training on risk management, emergency/crisis response, and disaster recovery.
- Works with health, safety, and security staff and local, state, and federal agencies to align the organizations emergency management plan with established best practices and community standards.
- 6+ years of management experience with at least two years in a risk management, business continuity, crisis management, or emergency preparedness position required.
- Detailed understanding of risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Excellent strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think through hypothetical situations and concepts and to identify risks and weaknesses in various business processes.
- Ability to collaborate with others to develop an emergency plan.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, project planning tools, or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, public administration, finance, or environmental health and safety; Masters degree desirable.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed