PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Are you an accomplished programmer seeking a new challenge, or a skilled programmer looking to take the next step in their career? Insomniac Games is growing, and we're looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to help us build compelling gameplay systems. We need gameplay programmers to help create engaging combat, traversal and progression systems, and work closely with designers, animators and artists to bring gameplay mechanics to life. If you’re passionate about “finding the fun”, then this is the role for you!
At Insomniac, we've embraced a digital-first culture, and support in-office, remote and hybrid working arrangements. We're passionate about creating robust, scalable systems for AAA games and delivering outstanding new player experiences while fostering employee well-being!
- Takes ownership of the technical design and implementation of complex gameplay features including AI, weapons, progression over the project lifecycle.
- Works closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals.
- Builds and improves proprietary tools to expose gameplay features and systems to content creators.
- Proactively finds opportunities to improve existing features and streamline inefficient workflows.
- Provides time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Debugs existing code and makes improvements.
- Investigates performance issues and resolves them.
- Expertise in C/C++
- Expertise in vector math and linear algebra
- Experience with tools for debugging and evaluating performance
- Knowing how to balance pursuing innovation and delivering work in a timely fashion
- Ability to accurately estimate feature requests and provide constructive feedback that leads to more efficient iteration
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Education and/or Experience:
- Related combined education and experience of 8+ years
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States