PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About the team:
PlayStation Product Development is looking for a versatile and motivated Senior Ecosystem Engineer to drive the development of PlayStation's growing hardware product ecosystem. PlayStation Product Development is working on future hardware products and gaming experiences around and beyond the console.
The successful applicant is:
- A self-motivator with initiative and a track record of getting things done and working through ambiguity.
- Quick to understand and own the integration of new features and technologies into ecosystem products.
- Used to working with remote and international engineering teams.
- A strong troubleshooter and hands-on fixer.
- Not necessarily always right, but always committed to make things right.
- An engineer in mind, but a gamer at heart!
- Write and maintain PlayStation ecosystem product specifications, validation plans, and automated testing tools.
- Lead product validation activities at external test labs.
- Travel occasionally to work with test labs and internal/external engineering teams.
- Proven track record with validation and qualification of consumer hardware products with software components.
- Strong technical writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of hardware/software system integration testing
- Proficiency with development of automated testing scripts and hardware
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Jira
- Leadership experience with small to medium projects
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States