BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE LOCALISATION QA PROJECT MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam.
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Ice-cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day.
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy.
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office.
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
As a Spanish Localisation QA Language Specialist, you will be essential in ensuring that the quality of the language and quality of testing meets and exceeds the Company’s expectations. You will be supporting the LQA Project Managers and the wider Localisation team with a variety of language-specific tasks, both on the code and on the localised assets, such as build sign-offs, monitoring the quality of the bugs and the quality of the translation.
- Provide confidence in the localisation process by reviewing the quality of the translation prior to implementation in the games but also on the code during the testing process.
- Support with vendor selection feedback (for both translation and LQA)
- Ensure consistency of the testing process across all vendors by providing constant feedback to LQA PMs. Provide IP support to the vendors as required.
- Review bugs and edits from vendors for format, correctness and naming conventions. Act when quality does not meet requirements and feedback to LQA PM to resolve concerns promptly.
- Regularly test play the build with “confidence” cycles across all products, milestone checks, to ensure the quality of the product and progress is in line with requirements and timelines. Feedback and escalate to LQA PM/Management in case of any issues.
- Game testing as and when required by the project / business, for instance executing test cases and supporting on GaaS testing according to volume.
- Regularly review terminology within the build in order to reduce risk of quality issues identified too late in the process / assess quality of vendor testing.
- Liaise with SQA and CQA to create and maintain Localisation CQA Checklists, to be provided to external vendors and complete them internally to mitigate the risk of must-fix issues in the submission code.
- Review the code (across all projects) to ensure readiness for testing before it is delivered to the vendor.
- Formally sign-off the code before submission or release by performing confidence cycles and ensuring that the build meets all the submission and release criteria.
- Support the business and the Studios with actor selection (casting feedback), review of the samples prior to implementation.
- Support with urgent translation requests / compliance high risk translation that require immediate implementation (without the need to outsource).
- Create and maintain language specific documentation for dev and wider business reference, including game glossaries and any related assets.
- Provide marketing assets review and editing as required.
- Provide any language related support for the contracted language to the wider business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent linguistic knowledge and deep understanding of your contracted language.
- Excellent IP knowledge and a deep understanding of the company culture.
- Excellent working knowledge of the software tools in use at SEGA (test case management and text editing tools).
- Excellent knowledge of first party naming conventions.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools (MemoQ).
- Understanding of the linguistic trends and consumer expectations of the target market, able to deliver precise, relevant and resonant language for that territory and IP.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator, both in English and your contracted language.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Computer Software in general.
- Reliable, with high work standards and the willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Flexible and adaptable to different LQA tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to maintain focus and commitment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company, capable of motivating and inspiring others.
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Country: United Kingdom