Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Sous Chef to join our brand new Catering team at Frontier’s Space Bar. We are looking for a motivated and experienced chef, with a passion for cooking and baking, to support the Chef Manager in running our vibrant on-site staff restaurant.
- Assist the Chef Manager with the day-to-day running of the restaurant
- Produce food to an impeccable standard while adhering to the health and safety regulations
- Support the training of all other catering staff to achieve the highest possible standards, in-line with the company and food hygiene policies
- Manage the day-to-day catering service provided across site, including devising menus and producing meals in-line with the agreed catering plans and employees personal requirements
- Oversee and maintain stock levels, ordering new supplies and liaising with suppliers as required and in-line with agreed budgets
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness is achieved in all catering work areas
- Ensure that the kitchen is adequately staffed at all times, in-line with set budgets.
- Great People Management skills and is confident to manage performance through the day to day operation
- Able to cover the day-to-day restaurant operation in the Chef Manager’s absence
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to work with fresh ingredients & cooking to order as well as to a buffet service
- Compliant and up to date with Health & Safety rules and regulation
- Team player that can lead and inspire the team to great performance while showing a hands on approach to all the restaurant’s tasks
- Great customer service with a passion for promoting a fun and efficient team
- Works well under pressure, and is comfortable in a very flexible, fast paced working environment.
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be studio based and we are unable to offer any remote working. We can however provide a comprehensive relocation support package as part of any offer.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: On-site – Cambridge
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed