Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon IVS is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Amazon IVS even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for someone that can help build the Amazon IVS Network in the APAC region. As a Technical Business Developer, you will work behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for IVS's future. You will combine your deep market knowledge with the latest technology to find solutions that support IVS's growth.
The IVS Global Infrastructure Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand IVS's footprint across the world. This includes finding solutions to IVS's ongoing needs for data center capacity; work with network carriers to obtain capacity for expansion and growth of IVS's global backbone; and meet the operational sourcing requirements for new services.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by growth and is willing to improve or establish new processes where there is none. You will report to the Senior Manager of Network Acquisitions.
- Develop the network infrastructure strategy including datacenter space and power, and transport services across the globe
- Establish colocation and backbone strategies for approval by internal customers and partners and provide regular progress updates on approved network plans.
- Lead our colocation sourcing efforts to ensure resiliency, diversity and quality uptime of our network services portfolio.
- Work with capacity planners and engineers to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective network topology is delivered
- Follow subsea investments and be able to collaborate towards a cost efficiency model within our Global Backbone.
- Identify, negotiate and close contracts covering colocation and transport services (lit waves and metro dark fiber assets)
- Communicate progress internally and work with several teams across the organization including product and business development, legal, datacenter operations and deployment
- Manage/create new processes/documentation with our teams
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- 8+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of datacenter providers, internet providers, telecommunications providers, internet exchange points.
- Experience working with senior executives and other management within a company and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization.
- Experiences with contractual/MSA negotiations.
- Project Management experience - prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Understanding of technical business development aspects including: Infrastructure, market pricing, capacity availability and colocation providers.
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $156,600 - $191,400 yr and in New York City is $172,260 - $210,540 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7596
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed