PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for Software QA Engineers to join our Client QA team, and will be testing new and existing features on multiple platforms and devices in a software development environment.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with teams on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan and complete QA related activities for UI testing; build test plan, test cases, and implement to ensure the quality of new features.
- Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation console and create effective testing strategies.
- Collaborate with distributed teams for multi-functional test plan design and execution.
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for in-house automation, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing.
- Report, track, and verify defects.
- Minimum 5 years of significant work experience
- Experience in UI automation for web/mobile applications
- BS in CS or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and executing comprehensive test suites for system software.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with test case management systems & JIRA database systems
- Experience with automation using any programming language: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and CI/CD tools (Jenkins or Circle CI)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing or writing test code/scripting for a game console or set-top box
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States