Software Engineering Manager
At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. For creators who want to create deeper and even more immersive experiences using Unity software, sometimes it makes sense to change the Unity software itself! For these ambitious creators, Unity provides a variety of options for access to Unity source code. We see an opportunity to streamline and scale the delivery of Unity source code to make this an option for even more creators. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager who can help us build a new team of engineers focused on improving our current source code delivery pipeline. This team will address current customer needs for source code, and by consolidating and scaling those tools, create new opportunities for Unity to provide source code as an option to entirely new groups of creators.
An ideal candidate will be collaborative by nature, with strong problem solving and communication skills that they employ to elevate the work of those around them. We’re looking for an authentic & empathetic leader who is passionate about people, and deliberate about fostering a healthy work environment.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don't worry! We are looking for great people that have a track record of solving hard problems in similar domains. Apply and join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Helping to build the new Source Code Delivery team, defining team strategy and roadmap in partnership with Release, Product, and Program management
- Supporting the growth of engineers on the team through coaching and mentoring
- Helping your team execute, removing bottlenecks and recognizing opportunities as they appear
- Improving source code delivery through innovative tools and reporting
- Operating within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues around the world
What we’re looking for
- Experience hiring and leading a small team of engineers in a distributed setting
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, etc.)
- Experience providing customer support to a high level of satisfaction
- A history of working with large git repositories, both monorepo and multi-repo, with knowledge of the trade-offs and pitfalls of both approaches
- Experience with Agile development practices like scrum or Kanban
You might also have
- Experience working with Mercurial (hg)
- In-depth knowledge of git internals
- Experience translating legal requirements into code
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Date posted: 2022-01-20