Software Engineering Manager, SyncSketch
SyncSketch is a real-time collaboration platform for creatives. Our tools enhance the visual feedback process for studios, clients, agencies, and students by delivering a creative review environment without limitations.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team at Unity. Our product engineering team is at the heart of our company, building out elegant solutions that resolve the sophisticated problems that our customers face day-to-day with their creative review pipelines.
The person we are looking for will collaborate with the Senior Manager of Software Engineering and will be responsible for managing a team of software developers. You enjoy assigning tasks, supervising work progress, mentoring developers, and you can clearly articulate your team’s needs to the product & leadership teams.
Meeting regularly with development staff, your aim is to understand their individual concerns, training needs, and any work blockers. Through providing both positive and constructive feedback to development staff, you’ll promote the overall health of the team. You enjoy finding unique ways to help developers achieve their individual career goals.
It will be your responsibility to ensure consistency in the software release cycle, ensuring that code reviews are happening at a regular cadence and that the entire team is contributing in ways that promote software quality. Your demonstrated history of delivering software product releases within an allotted time and resource budget underlines a deep understanding of processes, tools, and systems for software development.
We believe that your background is in software development for media & entertainment, but more meaningful is that you can demonstrate a history of consistently delivering product releases. Ideally, you have experience managing a team with diverse abilities and backgrounds.
At Unity, we recognize that diversity in backgrounds & experience makes our team stronger. Even if you do not meet all of the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and share how your experience would be a great match for this role.
If helping creatives around the world deliver the next generation of content is a challenge that inspires you, then let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Own the sprint planning process, coordinating task assignments for the development team, to ensure that all task objectives are easy to understand and any design requirements are met before handoff
- Coordinate with the product team to ensure a fair balance of features, bugs, and performance improvements are getting attention each development cycle
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to ensure developers have adequate time and attention allocated to participate in and improve testing processes
- Build and maintain progress reports for the senior leadership team, focusing specifically on metrics for software quality and work capacity
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated ability working on and leading a software development team
- Solid understanding of web application and service infrastructure
- Ability to articulate distinct aspects of technical products and services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You might also have
- Familiarity with production pipelines in the media & entertainment industry
- Working knowledge of 3rd party developer tools, such as for Version Control (Git, Gitlab/Github), Project Management (JIRA, Asana), and Software Testing (Django Unit Tests, Cypress)
- An awareness of industry-specific tools studio artists are using, such as the Unity, Autodesk Maya, ToonBoom Harmony, and Nuke
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20