Software Engineering Lead
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join our Developer Services infrastructure team to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re growing our efforts to increase developer efficiency so that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter, and we're hoping we find outstanding people who want to join us on this mission.
You'll be responsible for a growing team of software engineers driving the impact and growth of our internal infrastructure and operations. You are comfortable thinking about risk, making contingency plans and predicting problems. This job is as much about the day to day as it is about preparing for the future.
Our product creation quite literally depends on our internal infrastructure, meaning this role comes with a lot of responsibility and a high degree of criticality. You will collaborate and work alongside excellent managers and individual contributors.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a passionate software team who is responsible for providing the tools and APIs to access our internal infrastructure
- Encourage sharing of lessons learned, best practices and innovations on procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and deliver success
- Recruiting and supporting the growth of developers on the team through individual mentor, and a focus on strengths
- Build and drive a culture of innovation, collaboration and accountability
What we’re looking for
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture in public clouds
- Proven understanding of enterprise-level architecture
- Passionate about people management
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience working with remote/international teams
You might also have
- Experience with Golang on systems at scale
- Experience in building performant, large scale distributed systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Date posted: 2022-01-20