Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
Applying to this role will provide eligibility only for Bay Area based software engineering roles. This applies to potential full-time conversion offers. We will do our best to match you with a product and team that fits your interests and experience, but note that it also depends on availability.
- Collaborate closely with other developers to create player-facing features for League, TFT, Project L, VALORANT, or R&D
- Build back-end services to allow our games to take advantage of shared social, client and platform features
- Write code to handle processing real time data of our various game teams
- Learn to operate services on a global scale for millions of players
- Build and maintain SDKs and APIs that are used by internal game customers to power their games
- Currently enrolled in a computer science, engineering, or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Bay Area office (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Coding experience with an object-oriented programming (OOP) language i.e. Java, C++
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with software development best practices like unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, CI/CD
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed