Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
Applying to this role will provide eligibility for only St. Louis based software engineering roles. This applies to potential full-time conversion offers. We will do our best to match you with a product and team that fits your interests and experience, but note that it also depends on availability.
- Collaborate closely with other developers to create player-facing features for League, TFT, Project L, VALORANT, or R&D
- Build back-end services to allow our games to take advantage of shared social, client and platform features
- Write code to handle processing real time data of our various game teams
- Learn to operate services on a global scale for millions of players
- Build and maintain SDKs and APIs that are used by internal game customers to power their games
- Currently enrolled in a computer science, engineering, or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our St. Louis office (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Coding experience with an object-oriented programming (OOP) language i.e. Java, C++
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with software development best practices like unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, CI/CD
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed